Jul 22, 2006

so hot right now

today, la is hot.

not "hott" in the paris hilton sense, but "hot" as in the "i could throw down some egg and tofu scramble and flash fry it on my driveway because it's effing 110 degrees outside, but instead i'll just go jump in the pool in my backyard since i have a house with a pool in the middle of la" hot. at least i'm not baking in some oven of a warehouse on a sidestreet in east la, all hot and sweaty at a supposed spring break college bar while filming the same dance scene over and over. that was last weekend.

this weekend, i'm moving on to bigger, better things. monday, i'm going to get fitted for a backround role that actually requires a costume, as opposed to my own personal thinning threads. i'm still a background actor, but i think i found the doorway leading to my own sag card, a recent topic of much discussion. yesterday, i found out that the minute 30 second audition over at the disney studio campus in burbank two weeks ago succeeded. sometime in the near future i may be brandishing a sword in the direction of johnny depp and his gang of unlikely misfits widely known as the pirates of the caribbean. maybe i'll get a pistol. i'm not sure what gentlemen in the british navy would use against those goulish enemies. i have yet to see pirates 2, so i have very little point of reference for this gig.

all i know is that, due to this forthcoming work, i will walk away with sag membership and--just as importantly--a tummy filled only the finest delicacies offered at the sag craft table.

8 comments:

Mark Weaver said...

take us with you to the top, old friend, and say hi to jd for us.

sean said...

i always knew disney would be the springboard/pinnacle to your career...

i don't care about jd as much, but put in a good word with his counterpart keira for me.

team group leader said...

marian, thanks for your vote of confidence in my rough-acting abilities. sans the tartan togs even. thanks.

now, if my face were jacked up and i were missing several teeth, they wouldn't have had a choice but to put me on board with the other misfits.

Jennifer said...

Wow, to think that soon I'll be able to say, "I knew Pat when..." =) I'm glad to hear that things are looking up. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I'm not impressed. Call me when you're wearing 70's throwback and starring opposite Jason Schwartzmann is the latest Wes Anderson masterpiece.

I'm glad you'll be eating better food though. That'll save me sending out a care package.

Unknown said...

O Brother, Where Art Thou!?

motion-beam said...

yes!

Anonymous said...

"I knew Patrick when he was stealing carrots from the Four Winds" Ah the memories :)