Jan 27, 2006

sundancing

with my third day at the sundance film festival underway, i am ready to make the most of my last few screenings. up next: little miss sunshine, which has been recieving fine reviews.

my favorite flick viewed so far: adam's apples, a dutch film that tells the story of an unlikely group of companions holed up in a country church. truth and denial, consequence and redemption weave a beautiful and comical story in the lives of theses people.

on another note: i ran into my friend jeff who is performing in a slamdance entry this year. the sasquatch dumpling gang is the newest film by tim skousen and jeremy coon, two of the guys who worked on napoleon dynamite. quirky, clean and funny, the film is made by it's dynamic compostion, trading a linear narrative style for a twisting shift of perspective, telling the story from all points of view.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what you'd been up to...I saw you at the pool on Ski Week, but I was leaving and you were goin' in and before I realized it was you, you'd disappeared...oh, goodness. Anyway, have a blast!

P.S. - You're friend Jeff is hot!

Anonymous said...

oooooh me so jealous! someday i'll get something published and get to show it of at sundance...long time fantasy. HA. you have any pics for us?

team group leader said...

no. my camera is still at the shop! grr... maybe i can get some from a friend. someday you must show off at sundance!