Feb 4, 2006

i HEART apple...?

even as i sit typing on my 17" powerbook, a small bit of doubt regarding the greatness of the apple empire lingers in my mind. joe nocera's recent new york times article centered around his own personal experience with ipods intensifies my slightly uneasy feeling toward the company that has spawned such a great empire from the tiny devices.

a few months ago, mark had his share of problems with apple's customer service; and i have always been uneasy about the necessity for the applecare protection plan, available with any mac product.

sure, my notebook is fast. of course it is beautiful. and i don't mind that it cost me a pretty penny. but along with my hearty endorsement of the apple world follows my little question: "is this hero of the electronics world becoming the capitalistic monster it has fought so hard to overcome?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry

Anonymous said...

Pat, I must say I'm a big fan of your blog...it's always intersting/entertaining...long live Pat's blog...

dct

team group leader said...

don't get me wrong: i will certainly stand behind apple before any other personal craputer in existence. the aesthetic sensibility (of which i am so easily enticed) is absolutely clean and unrivaled. only, i get a slight sense of betrayal each time i think about apple's customer service dealings. to me, it is a telling sign of true character from a company that-to me-maintains a very satisfying existence.

motion-beam said...

get yours. they say

motion-beam said...

steve has his hands in google too, right? and arent google and blogger related? i could be wrong but, thats what i call a big deal. and i think jobs did some drugs. man.. i think its all a conspiracy. things are getting wierd..