Feb 25, 2006

i HEART craigslist

the free community bulletin board known as craigslist is a treasure-trove of everything on your mind. screw ebay's "it:" craigslist has got what you are looking for, and it has people who are looking for you.

housing, merchandise, jobs, road trips, personals. . . it's all about sharing what you got. that's why, when i head to atlanta next week to pick up my vespa, craigslist will be my first stop. surely, i can find someone driving that way who will share his ride. just today, i found listings for trips from denver to oregon, seattle, new york, arizona, and all points in between.

the system worked beautifully last week when i headed from the colorado plains back to my place in aspen. i posted a bulletin for a ride into the mountains the night before i needed to leave. it actually took 24hrs for someone to call me back, but a guy did, just the same. unfortunately, i had already taken matters into my own hands--literally--and used the old thumb method. i hitched the ride up the mountains from fort collins.

i suppose i could hitch to atlanta, too (and, you never know what will happen), but it's cold these days. i prefer typing a message inside on my computer rather than freezing my poor little hand off. besides, i can find any cardboard around here to make a sign.

4 comments:

Mark Weaver said...

thats pretty crazy that you can find rides with people on craigslist. sounds like its right up your alley, pat. go for it! or hitchhiking is just as effective I guess. btw, if you get picked up by some axe-weilding pyschopathic maniac, ummm... i dont know how to say this but... uh, can I have your vespa?

Anonymous said...

Right, and I get his computer. I already have his sweater... Anyways, Pat, did you know that the owl is the "it bird" for this season? This interesting factoid raises two equally interesting questions: 1) Who gets to choose the "it bird"? and 2) Who knew that we were so far ahead of the game back in the day at CCCS, with our strangely pagan mascot? (The second question is more rhetorical than anything. I'm not expecting an answer to that one.) Go Owls!

Anonymous said...

no way! i'll be in atlanta for 9 days, getting there this saturday. erin kullerd and i will just be hanging out at her place most of the time, but if you're there long enough we could get some drinks...just a thought, cuz i'd luvvvvv to see ya!

email me or leave me a comment on my xanga. :)

team group leader said...

we will plan on meeting up, angela. soon...very soon.