Feb 16, 2006

a little matter called stealing

i was recently reconciling last semester's school bill with my records, and i noticed i was charged $500 for a "breakage fee." i immediately called the school's business office to dispute the charge. the kind lady said her office was told to charge me $500 because it took "a lot of people a long time" to clean up campus after my last visit.

i was angry. not only had pcc called the cops on me for the same incident, but they had taken the $500--after they kicked me out-–from the credit which they owed me. in other words, they stole the money.

i tried to get in touch with the person who had made this decision. a lady took my number and a message, telling me someone would return my call. i waited. one day. two days. three...four. no call.

i then called the business office, only to find out that dean ohman had left a message for me, saying, "in case i called back" let me know that they would be keeping the money.

funny. just the moment i thought my anger was past another incident inflames me.

i'm going to get my money back.

3 comments:

sean said...

Business ethics at its best. Enron, Worldcom...PCC is only a matter of time.

Anonymous said...

Apparently the spirit of PCC allows for theft but not homosexuality. The true colors of Pensacola "Christian" College shine through once again!

Anonymous said...

nothing new. this is common practice, as they feel like all the world, especially yours, is able to operate "at their discretion"!