Feb 2, 2006

i HEART sundance

last week marked my third consecutive year attending the sundance film festival. something continues to draw me back, depspite thoughts that i may not return. even tonight, i don't know if i will make the trip next year; however, tonight i will think about the moments that have made my visits worthwhile.

a few years ago, after watching the premiere of mandy moore's movie saved, i sneaked backstage and into a van with seth green, and a few of the chicks from the movie. the van took us cross town to the party for the film's premiere. although i did talk to mandy for a few minutes (i got the sense that she was over it before we began talking), the best part of the prom-themed party was dancing with my newly-acquired date, shari.

last year, i secretly hopped in a suburban with a few new yorkers - none of whom i knew - and traveled to a house party filled with more new yorkers, vodka, and izze soda. i found my way to a few pockets of interesting conversation-and even a few notable names-but i was more interested in finding the perfect combination of vodka and orange izze.

this year, i was in a car headed to the cast dinner for the darwin awards, but i gave up my seat to wendy northcutt, author of the original darwin awards. i suppose it was my duty. besides–don't tell–but i didn't really care for the flick anyway.

not that i will ever be past using a back door to find what i'm looking for, but i think it's time that i attend these sort of functions in my own right. sundance will always be there for me, but it's time i do some dirty work of my own. and that's why i'm going to la. ready or not, here i come.

6 comments:

team group leader said...

you know, you just do it. always assume that everyone else thinks that you know what you're doing. that is my rule of thumb. now...your turn!

Mark Weaver said...

MM looks like a real jerk.

team group leader said...

she is. i keep telling her that she needs to lighten up. she just doesn't listen to me. jerk.

team group leader said...

you know, everything i do is only a ploy to make an intersting e! hollywood true story out of my life. i know i have talked about heading out west, but there were things that needed to happen first. and the time has now come.

team group leader said...

maybe zach and mandy should just adopt macaulay culkin. they could skip all the rest and i'm sure they would be happy.

Anonymous said...

remember, the force is always with you... run free and stand tall, the world will forget you if yo dont.