Mar 2, 2006

a good day on the mountain #2

despite the fact that my snowboard was stolen earlier this week (who in aspen doesn't already own skis or a snowboard?), i have cruised the mountain on zander's board (thank you, zander, for the use of your pass, too).

early this afternoon, with phone camera held closely (i'm still waiting for my sanyo xacti to get back from the fix-it shop), i headed for ajax -- the affectionate, local name for aspen mountain.

after my own private supermodel documentary hour in the gondola, i was greeted atop the mountain by two very happy skiers and their dog, diego.

i took a few sunny runs, sent out a few chairlift texts, downed a corona at bonnie's (would've rather had fat tire), and looked around at all the beautiful skiers.

thanks aspen, you've been good to me. here's to you.

6 comments:

motion-beam said...

patruck, i just wanted to SHOUT..!

sean said...

fat tire...fat tire...oh the new belgium foco micro specialty fat tire

anyway, it sounds like you're having a blast in aspen. if only i could be half as adventerous as my brother. as for me, i'm going to an art show tomorrow and probably wearing my sweet new jacket that i'm in love with that's been called everything from a marshmallow to a surgical coat to a coat one wears when tarring a roof...sean shakes his head - people, people, people. when are you going to learn that coolness goes beyond your imagination...so that's my adventure for the weekend. on that note, keep blasting it up in co for the janellefam

Mark Weaver said...

random fact: I once lived by the Red Hook brewery in Portsmouth, NH for a short period of time. where the beer flowed like wine and so did the mullets.

team group leader said...

i like red hook, too. and i once lived by the new belgium brewery of fat tire fame. i now live in aspen where the beer flows like wine...

Mark Weaver said...

yeah well uhh, I once live in a vat of guinness for 8 months. I never hungered nor thirsted...

Anonymous said...

Aspen has been good to all of us,...but not as good as you've been to Aspen...!