Mar 4, 2006

i'm a free man

at the risk of opening up a little too much and sounding even more unintelligent than some who read my blog believe i am, i will detail in the following paragraphs why i am a free man.

yesterday, my 17" powerbook came back from the repair center, waiting for me on the front porch of my aspen residence. the problem: my motherboard was jacked. before i had taken my computer into the apple store to get it fixed, i had backed up my hard drive: years of photos, years of design work from school and my personal life, hundreds of documents, files--the works.

well, i thought i had backed it up. today, i connected my $150 external hard drive to my newly refurbished computer, to realize that i actually had backed nothing up at all. honestly, i don't know what i had done. it took hours to transfer whatever was transfered to this storage device, and yet none of my documents ever made it.

i'm a free man: it's like starting with a clean slate. no pre-concieved notions of who i am, what i do, or even what my identity is. i have the freedom to start now, work it out from here, and create the future i want with nothing in my past to oversahdow that. which, i would say, is a beautiful thing. and here is the bonus: my computer was dented and scratched as i sent it away, and it came back in one perfect piece, totally restored and undented. this was a surprise that (shouldn't have been covered under warranty) i didn't even pay for.

so here's to life and all of its unexpected surprises. here's to a new, uncluttered slate, and whatever will become of it. here's to being free. cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marian, you truly are the Mac oracle.